Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

the people we call...family.

it took someone very special in my life for me to realize how blessed i truly was...when it came to my family.
its very easy to take the people that love you the most for granted, because that just our nature. everyday, i remind myself how lucky and blessed i am to have such a wonderful family...we may not be perfect, but we are us. and, that's what i love the most. God certainly knew what He was doing when he created my family. He knew they were perfect just for me. family is so important and too often we fall short of making time for them because of our "busy" lives. if some of us put half the effort into our family that we do with our work or other activities...can you imagine how truly happy you're home would be? or how much happier you would be? family is one of the greatest gifts. at least on my list it is...at the end of the day, you only have family...the one you're born into and the one you create. and, i look forward to creating a family of my own one day. god-willing. i'm a firm believer...happy family + love = happy home. anyone can buy a house, but it takes a family to build a home.

cherish this wonderful gift of life...
cherish you're family...
and don't forget to remind them how much you love them. (everyday)


You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.
~Desmond Tutu



Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.
 ~Anthony Brandt



Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.
~Jane Howard



have a wonderful hump day :)

11 comments:

kristyn ellen said...

How sweet is this! Love what you wrote.

Sam W. said...

cute, cute, cute!!

melifaif said...

Love this post!!! That gummy bear pic..fab. The last quote...my fav! Good one.

Mrs. H said...

You are so right...sometimes no matter how much ups and downs we may have we are blessed to have the family we've got. Great post!gar

Miss C said...

Its funny you posted this when you did. My grandmother passed away yesterday, so I will be gathering with all of the family this weekend to celebrate her life. My family is crazy, but your right we only get one! :) Have a good rest of the week.

Emily said...

Love this! Love the happy family equation.

Adorable pictures by the way!!

Megan said...

Such a beautiful post! I love when that feeling hits me of JUST how blessed I am with such an amazing family. I never want to take them for granted!!

Anonymous said...

super true. when i was younger, i'd never thought of my family as cool and the ones that influenced me the most. now that i'm older, it's been a pretty simple answer to the question "who has influenced me the most growing up?"

Faith said...

it is so true! when you are younger you don't realize just how much you will need your family when you get older! family is truly a beautiful thing!

p.s. this post makes me want to call my older sister! haven't spoken to her in over a week!

Dani @ OKDani.com said...

This was heartwarming. xoxo

Brandi said...

This is so sweet! Love the picture of the feet lol