Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

stripes, stars, elevators and love.


today is Flag Day...just in case you didn't notice it on your calendar.

God bless America.

there is nothing that makes me smile more, than a gentleman holding or opening a door for a lady, pulling out a chair or my personal favorite, holding the elevator. i work on the fifth floor of a huge building, so with so many people its very rare people hold the elevator. however, this morning an older gentleman saw me come in (probably heard my heels...sooo loud) lol, and he held the elevator for me. maybe, its just the southern in me, but manners can take you a longggggg way! especially, a gentleman. because most younger men just aren't how they use to be. how do i know? i work with a bunch of older woman and hear all the time how much times have changed. haha, its funny to hear older people say that and then proceed to share stores of their past. i just really appreciate kind, yet simple gestures like this morning. :)



seeing or hearing about marriages that last almost a lifetime are truly inspiring.

love is such a beautiful thing. it really is.

can you imagine being married to your soumate for 57 years?



Encouraging Word
Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. - Psalm 103:2-3 NLT

4 comments:

kristyn ellen said...

I only know today is flag day because it is also my high school boyfriend's birthday. Still makes me laugh.

Old couples are so sweet -- cute picture!

Jennifer R said...

LOVEEEE this post!! Love the statement about gentlemen and also the pic of the old lovers!! To cute!! :)

Emily said...

Funny story...my first EVER date w/G-man as I went to sit down, I saw him following me around the table and for a split second (as I was grabbing my chair) I thought he was going to sit on the SAME side as me and thought that was so weird...then he stopped, straightened up (since he began leaning forward) and sat on the other side.

That's when I realized he was going to pull my chair out for me. oops. He's a southern boy with manners. It's great!! Every door, chair, opens, waits for me to go first, carries everything...any way. Not all men have lost the ability. :)

Megan said...

I think that's what immediately made me love my husband...he is SUCH a little Southern gentleman! He makes me swoon! And I hope I'm with him for 57 years...and more!