Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

yoga is for posers.


i'm proud to say...i just signed up for my first yoga class.

yep, that's right! me.

along with running, i'm looking to spice up my exercise routine a bit. yoga, has always been something i've been interested in, but just never attempted to try. until now...that is. today, is my first class. very excited, but a little nervous at the same time. why? because...i'm doing this by myself. usually, i'd drag a friend with me. but, i'm putting on my big girl panties and doing something alone for once. yoga, boils down to achieving a state of eternal bliss. the meditation part of yoga is known to be refreshing for the mind and body.

are you aware of how many benefits there are to yoga?
there are a lot people.

yoga is extremely effective in:
increasing flexibility
increasing lubrication of joints, ligaments and tendons
massaging of all organs of the body
complete detoxification
excellent toning of the muscles

i'm sold. i'm definitely looking to tone up these muscles of mine, a little detox never hurt nobody, and what man doesn't want a woman whose flexible? lol. hey, just being honest.

hopefully, my body won't hate me too much tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to try! Have fun!

Marz said...

I'm so proud of you!!! Especially for going alone! I have to say yoga is definitely NOT for me. It's definitely challenging, but I just lay there thinking OMG when is this class over?!?! I wish the art of meditation came to me, but I just can't seem to get that feeling that "Eat Pray Love" is all about. Give me some tips when you find your eternal bliss so that I can get there! :) Do you ever go to spinning classes? I LOVE spin! I think it's what's made me a better runner.

Mrs. H said...

You're going to love it. I am in the midst of a 21 Day Challenge on my blog. Feel free to join in or steal some sequences to add to your personal practice.

Faith said...

i want to try yoga too! i think it would be so awesome! have a blast and let us know how it went!

Ashley said...

Thank you ladies! I loved it! I went in with a positive attitude and now I'm feeling it this morning! lol. I will def be going back!

Ashley said...

WHOO HOO! go you! i love yoga!

Unknown said...

so exciting!! xoxo