Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, January 21, 2011

the 2011 happiness project.

after reading dani's post today at http://www.okdani.com/. i was truly inspired. 

so, thank you dani :)

prior to the new year, i made a promise to myself that i was going to do better. be a better person than i was in 2010. grow. become the best version of me. i know this is possible. i have something called faith. ever heard of it? it works! anyhoo, back to the main purpose of this post...after reading dani's post, i googled 'the happiness project'...after watching the video (below) and looking into the whole story be hide this project...something spoke to me...telling me...you need this in your life...



pick a one word theme for the year.

learn.

definition of LEARN.
  • to gain knowledge, comprehension, or mastery of through experience or study.
  • to acquire (a change in behavior) by learning - (transitive verb)
  • to acquire a behavioral tendency by learning - (intransitive verb)
i have several reasons for choosing this word. for me...if i'm learning, i'm growing.


i need to learn...


+ to trust in Christ more
+ to be more consistent in all areas of my life
+ that i am a true reflection of myself
+ to be a better listener
+ apologies mean nothing if mistakes are repeated
+ not to dwell and complain about things so much

most importantly...i need to learn the art of patience.

God has this way of making you take the same test over and over until you get it right. what a concept. a teacher that lets you keep retaking the test until you've mastered the material...

hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Sam W. said...

i love this post!! praying for you, girl. may 2011 be a year you remember forever.

Megan said...

I love this post. What a great word to live by!! You are SO right...if we learn, we grow. We change, we do better, we live better. Perfect!

Holly said...

Ooh! I remember reading Gretchen Rubin's blog a year or so ago! I should subscribe again! :)

Ashley said...

im so proud of you for all the positive steps you're making in your life! keep it up lady!

melifaif said...

I love it girl. Yes.I.do!!!! LEARN!!!! Mine is FOCUS.