Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, November 7, 2011

lessons.


God's Lessons

Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God.
Proverbs 1:7 MSG

When it comes to life's lessons, we can learn them the easy way, or we can learn them the hard way. The easy way can be summed up as follows: when God teaches us a lesson, we learn it - the first time. Unfortunately, too many of us catch on much more slowly than that.

When we resist God's instruction, He continues to teach us, whether we like it or not. Our challenge, then, is to discern God's lessons from the experiences of everyday life. Hopefully, we learn those lessons sooner rather than later - because the sooner we do, the sooner our heavenly Father can move on to the next lesson, and the next, and the next...

True learning can take place at every age of life,
and it doesn't have to be in the curriculum plan.
- Suzanne Dale Ezell

*******************

This powerful message is from my devotion book - it touched me, so I thought I would share. Recently, I've stumbled across some amazing (seriously amazing) Christian bloggers and boy can they write! I especially love and adore how deeply they express their love and faith in God. Most of their posts leave me inspired, in tears (good kinda tears) and a deeply touched heart.

Check 'em out...








hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed week :)

11 comments:

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

You are seriously SO SWEET! What an honor to be grouped with those ladies and on your super fab blog!! Thanks, friend!!! xoxxoxo LOVE!

Petchie said...

Love this post! Sometimes we are so set on doing things our way that we forget that we should be following what God wants us to do. Great post!

xoxo
Petchie
http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com/

Emily grapes said...

I know Megan's great, I'll have to go and check out the others. Great find in your devotional book. So so true.
Emily at Amazing Grapes

Faith said...

ahh, i just love your posts! you inspire me! absolutely beautiful post! :)

Alisha said...

Lessons learned from our Heavenly father are the only lessons worth learning :) Sometimes He takes us through trials to test our faith and make us stronger in Him!

Hope you're doing well. :)
xoxo

... said...

SERIOUSLY?! You are like the cutest and sweetest girl ever! Your blog is so awesome and I love coming to it each day! :) These women are all so beautiful and I love them!

ashley marie wilson said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww ASH!!!!!!! *hug hug hug* thanks love! you know i soo soo enjoy your blog! you're a sweet and beautiful woman. xoxo

kristyn ellen said...

I'm so slow at learning my lessons. Hard headed! Thankfully Jesus is patient with me. Good post, girl!

Megan said...

You are seriously the sweetest ever!!! Thanks for the beautiful words. : ) I am definitely checking out the rest of those blogs. Thank you!!

The Arizona Russums said...

oh my goodness. this is such an honor. it's so encouraging to know that what I feel God leading me to write really is impacting other women. thank you for posting this!!! LOVE!

Brandi said...

Great post Ashley!

You should also check out Whitney at The Glamorous Life of a Housewife...her family will inspire you so much! Their faith is so strong! She lets it be known that she is living for the Lord! Her dedication is so inspiring.

http://www.theglamlifehousewife.com/